Bali people used to be very humble. I am very lucky, I was given the chance to pick up lots of Bali's spiritual tenets from my grandfather. Bali people have changed a lot since then. The penetration of global cultures that brought by foreigners and people from neighboring islands has changed the great traits of Bali people. There is nothing wrong with them, that's the choice of Bali people either to uphold the fabulous of their culture's tenets or to be going with the amiss stream.
The basic spirituals' way of their lives.
1. They always feel gratitude. This is indicated by whatever happens they will always say 'AGET' means remaining lucky. When their crop fails, they still would say 'thank God' we still have a little. When a family member got accident, they will say 'thank God' he/she is still alive, you've just given him/her an important lesson to be more careful in the future.
2. They always see other being themselves. Before they talk and doing something, they would always ask themselves,' If I were them'? That's why Bali people mostly don't argue and they won't talk that can cause hurt or bad feelings to the others.
3. Bali people always understand and always uphold law of Karma. They surrender and receive what happens now as the result of past Karma through thoughts, talks and deeds. So they won't hurt others, because they know such deeds will only return to them in the future life.
We all have what we plant that we picked. The law of 'Newton' says that if we give a certain amount of force to an object, it will reverse it with the same great force to us. The Law of Karma a Law of Nature that we call the Law of Action-Reaction, Newton's Law, Law of Attraction and so on.
Yet many of us like to grow ignorance but want the good.
Likes to cheat but very angry if deceived.
Do not like people who are not honest with him but he likes to behave dishonestly.
Likes to hurt but very hate to be hurt.
Very angry if betrayed his partner but he betrayed his partner.
Want to be knowledgeable but do not like learning.
Happy to be respected but not appreciative.
Not happy to gossip is not good but love to gossip the others.
Want to be respected by his children but he does not respect the parents.
Do not want to be sacrificed but sacrifice humans or other creatures.
Do not want her family damaged but damaging the family of others.
Nice to see people smile when greeting but still happy to face.
Dislikes his children being hurt by others but hurting other people's children and so on.
To understand this consciousness, man must maintain and enhance the nature of divinity in him by keeping his purity especially his mind at all times. When you realize this there will be no more pretense, hypocrisy in life. The physical body, the energy body, the mind body, the body of knowledge and the soul perform unity of motion toward true life together. Understand that whatever is thought, said and done will return to it.
(1) An entrepreneur every month takes advantage of his business partner. He feels that by taking part that is not his right it will make his life more affluent. It is true that in a few years he has been able to make new business ventures by keeping up with other business partners. Because in his mind said 'this works well for me' / This works well for me. In this way my business grows, in his mind. But what happened without him realizing it, he also met with the same business partner is even much more cunning than himself. Finally his business went bankrupt. He scratches his cock, cursing him for feeling cheated. What a strange thing. If you like cheats should be happy if deceived. Lifestyle is already feel high class, finally stress and pain. And during life haunted by feelings of guilt for cheating. So his life is not to improve karma but adds new karmic debt. This is vain life.
(2) A masculine man feels great by exploiting his virginity, wealth and position. He feels that he will never get sick, will never be old and may even feel he will not die. He looked around him a lot like him anyway his life was fine either. He forgets that the law of karma is not always like eating chili, now eaten now also feels spicy. Even for those who have not had time to enjoy the fruits of karma in this life, will have to accept it at the next birth. See how the birth of papa was due to bad karma previous life as a neglected man, a miserable animal and so on. This is also why any birth should be sincerely accepted as the fruit of the past karma and to correct it only by good meditation at this moment. Continue story one day he felt his body weaker, body rot and moldy, walking difficult because only bone wrapped in skin. After years of misery and eventually died of HIV. How vain it is alive.
(3) One time I heard stories from a neighbor that a grandmother was treated badly by her daughter-in-law. Not fed and often cursed. They always say sorry. Until finally this grandmother's grandmother came from working abroad and because she felt good with me, she said that she used to be a very bad mother to her mother-in-law. She even said that her mother used to gamble and cheat. We sometimes just look at a piece of current story and immediately judge that someone is a victim and the other is the perpetrator because we do not know the story of a person's previous life either in this short cycle or in the previous life cycle cycle. Some are receiving karma, some are making new karma to enjoy the fruit in the future. If you want the good in the future, cultivate good in this moment.